Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 New Year's Commitment


Ahhh, the time of year where we spend countless hours trying to come up with the perfect New Year's Resolution. Do I want to quit smoking? Lose weight? Quit drinking? Be nicer to people? The list goes on...and on...and on...

Once we figure out what we want to work on, we may stay faithful to it for a few days, a month, maybe even a couple months. Then life gets in the way. We smoke that cigarette, eat that candy bar, drink that one beer, snap at that one person. Before we know it, our resolution is forgotten.

That's why, for the second year in a row, I have decided to make a commitment; a faithful decision to live out certain things this year, regardless of situation or circumstance.

Below is my list of six commitments for 2013.

1. I COMMIT to gaining a healthier lifestyle by exercising more, eating healthier foods, and limiting my sweet treats.

2. I COMMIT to being the hands and feet of Jesus on a DAILY basis, and teaching my children to do the same.

3. I COMMIT to being a woman of integrity in everything that I do.

4. I COMMIT to being a Proverbs 31 wife by showing my husband unconditional love each day, and making him proud to call himself my husband.

5. I COMMIT to being a Proverbs 31 mother by making sure my children hear God’s word each morning before school and each night before bed, by praying for them every day, and by teaching them about God's love, mercy, and grace at every opportunity.

6. I COMMIT to making the care and maintenance of my current friendships more of a priority, and to also develop and maintain new friendships.

If you haven’t already, I encourage each of you to make a commitment for 2013. Remember, a commitment is something that you are devoted to, something that you will work on all year long! Leave a comment and let me know what your commitments are. I can’t wait to read them!

Blessed by Him,
Adrienne



No comments:

Post a Comment