Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 - Read To Them



Ever since I can remember, reading has been my absolute favorite pastime (besides bowling, of course!) I used to have an endless supply of books that I would read over and over, and I frequently asked my grandparents to take me to the library to get more. I remember one library in particular; it seemed so huge when we walked in. There were aisles upon aisles of books, and I stood in awe as I tried to decide where to begin.
The excitement of knowing that I was one book away from a new adventure gave me goosebumps!

As a full-time working Mom, I don’t get much time to read for pleasure these days. While I used to read a book in a day or two, it now takes a month or more. That’s why I love reading children’s books. I can read TONS of those in a day! And the best part is, 
I get to spend quality time with my kids while doing so.

My boys love to read, and they love hearing me read to them. I try to read them a story each night before bed, and sometimes have them read the story to me. It’s a great way to bond with them AND get some reading time in. Plus, I am fostering their love of reading, which will help them in every aspect of their lives.

This week:

Read a story to your children. It can be anything (Bible stories, Disney, Dr. Seuss, etc). Take your time and enjoy the moment. If your children are old enough, let them participate in the reading. If you really want to make it fun, try using a different voice for each character in the story. My boys LOVE when I do this!

Once you’re done, leave a comment below and let the rest of us know what book you read. Happy Reading! :)


Blessed By Him, 
Adrienne


No comments:

Post a Comment