Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Women Fear

I attended the "Women of Faith" conference in Indianapolis this past August. For those that don't know what that is, it's an event for Christian women to come and spend a couple days in fellowship with other women, and listening to various speakers about important issues. All the speakers did an amazing job, but the one I felt the most connection with was Angie Smith. She lost her daughter just a few short hours after birth, and as most of you know, I lost my daughter two weeks before my due-date. Angie grew up with a lot of fears that consumed her, and so did I. 

I bought her book "What Women Fear" at the conference. I have been reading a little bit here and there, and finally finished it tonight. It normally doesn't take me four months to read a book, but I have been swamped with life, and often don't have time for reading. That reminds me, I need to add that to my list of 2012 "commitments": Make more time for reading!

Okay, anyway, this book was very amazing. She mentioned fear of storms, public speaking, fearing God and many others. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it, so I'll stop there. I encourage all women to read this book if you haven't already. Angie is a wonderful person with a great personality. She's funny, kind, and just an awesome person to listen to. You will be amazed at how great of a job she did with writing this book. You won't want to put it down! 

She also has a blog if you're interested in taking a look. Bring The Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment