Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Clean-Up

Christmas went well. We all enjoyed our gifts, but the most special gift of all was being able to be with family and celebrate Christ's love for us. We went to church, and then afterwards, went to Pastor Thomas and Lynna's house for Christmas dinner. I know that a lot of people like to be with just their own families for Christmas, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I enjoyed being around Christian friends while celebrating the true reason for the season. To me, it was a very special day. 

Now it's time for clean-up. Fun, fun! We have boxes galore in our living room for the tree and other miscellaneous decorations. We also have a box full of trash that needs taken to the curb (wrapping paper,  bows, etc. that the kids tore off their presents). After the decorations come off, it's time to take down the tree. I think we're going to throw this one away since we've had it for a while, and get a real one next year. I've never had a real tree, so this should be fun!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Next up: New Year's!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to take down my decorations still. We had five trees this year and the big one and the one in the sunroom are going in the trash when they come down. Luckily Adam is driving his work truck home this week since we are cleaning out the garage so all my trash from that will go with him instead of in the trash can that was full for a week after Christmas till the garage finally runs today.

    ReplyDelete